Sylvester L. "Sy" Gall
Jeff Anderson and Associates website
accessed October 11, 2016
Father Sylvester L. Gall (aka “Sy”) was ordained in 1938 and served in the Diocese of St. Cloud until he retired in 1993.
On January 3, 2014, the Diocese of St. Cloud released a list of clergy members credibly accused of child sexual abuse. According to the Diocese of St. Cloud list, Father Gall worked in the following parishes:
- St. Joseph, Pierz
- St. Mary’s Cathedral, St. Cloud
- Chaplain, St. Raphael, St. Cloud
- St. John the Baptist, Swanville
- St. Nicholas, Belle River
- St. Nicholas, St. Nicholas
- St. Andrew, Elk River
- St. Michael’s, Motley
- St. John Nepomuk, Lastrup
The Diocese of St. Cloud stated that Father Gall was “likely involved in the sexual abuse of” a minor or minors.
Ministerial Status: Retired in 1993 and died 5/13/2004.