Priests in a Parish: We use the following
convention to show a priest's place among the clergy of a parish: 1/2 means
that he is the first priest listed in the Official Catholic Directory (usually
the pastor) and that there is a total of two priests at the parish. The shorthand
3/4 means that the priest is listed third on a four-priest roster. See our sample
page from the Directory.
Source: Official Catholic Directory (Kenedy & Sons, 1999-2014).
• L.I. Woman Files Lawsuit Alleging Sexual Abuse At Hands Of Priest When She Was 8, CBS New York, January 21, 2015
• Woman Sues Priest, Diocese Over Alleged Sexual Abuse When She Was 8, By Andrew Siff And Marc Santia, NBC New York, January 21, 2015
• Guest Blog: SNAP Update: Where Is the Transparency?, Hamilton and Griffin on Rights, April 7, 2015
• Judge Rules Li Woman’s Lawsuit Can Proceed against Priest She Claims Molested Her, CBS New York, December 15, 2015
• Lawsuit says Catholic priest sexually abused Long Island man, By Bart Jones, Newsday, April 26, 2016
• NY--Second abuse case filed vs. priest still on the job, By David Clohessy, Survivors Network of Those Abused by Priests, April 26, 2016
• Church Shielded Abusive Priest, Man Says, By Nick Divito, Courthouse News Service, April 29, 2016
• Group Slams Rockville Centre Diocese for Not Removing Priest Who Was Sued for Alleged Abuse, CBS New York, May 6, 2016
• Sex abuse victims’ advocates call on Diocese of Rockville Centre to remove priest accused of rape, By Krista Mcnally, Fios 1,
May 06, 2016
• Victims Group Wants Accused Priest Suspended, News 12, May 6, 2016
Official Catholic Directory aims to report the whereabouts of Catholic
priests in the United States on January 1 of the Directory's publication
year. Our working assumption is that a priest listed in the Directory
for a given year was at the same assignment for part of the previous year
as well. However, Kenedy and Sons will sometimes accept updates well into
the year of publication. Diocesan clergy records are rarely available to
correct this information. The Directory is also sometimes misleading
or wrong. We have tried to create an accurate assignment record, given the
source materials and their limitations. Assignment records are a work in
progress and we are always improving the records that we post. Please email
us with new information and corrections.
This assignment record collates Yacyshyn's career history as it is represented
in the Official Catholic Directory with the allegations against him, as reported in
the media. We make no representation regarding the truth of the allegations
we report, and we remind our readers that the U.S. legal system presumes
that a person accused of or charged with a crime is innocent until proven
guilty. Similarly, individuals who may be defendants in civil actions are
presumed not to be liable for such claims unless a plaintiff proves otherwise.
Admissions of guilt or liability are not typically a part of civil or private
settlements. For more information, see our posting
This assignment record was last updated on May 10, 2016.