Priests in a Parish: We use the following
convention to show a priest's place among the clergy of a parish: 1/2 means
that he is the first priest listed in the Official Catholic Directory (usually
the pastor) and that there is a total of two priests at the parish. The shorthand
3/4 means that the priest is listed third on a four-priest roster. See our sample
page from the Directory.
Source: Official Catholic Directory (Kenedy & Sons, 1967-2014).
• Retired Priest Accused of Exposing Himself to a Minor, Charged, Fox 1, April 28, 2016
• Priest Accused of Flashing Teenage Boy, By Jorge Rodas and Emily Matesic, WBAY, April 28, 2016
• Priest Suspended after Flashing Teen, WHBY, April 29, 2016
• Retired Priest Accused of Flashing Teen Bound over for Trial, By Rhonda Roberts, WBAY, May 9, 2016
• Retired priest to return to court on flashing charge, By Andrew Lacombe, Fox 11, May 23, 2016
• Retired Priest Pleads Not Guilty to Flashing Charges, WBAY, May 23, 2016
• Retired priest convicted in flashing case, Fox 11, September 7, 2016
• Retired Priest Convicted of Flashing Child, By Jeff Flynt, WSAU, September 7, 2016
• Retired Wisconsin Priest Gets Jail Time for Exposing Himself, West Plains Daily Quill, October 28, 2016
• Retired Priest Sentenced to Jail for Exposing Himself to Teen, WISH, October 28, 2016
• Retired Priest Sentenced to Jail for Exposing Himself to Teen , By Rhonda Roberts, WBAY, October 28, 2016
• Former Priest Gets Jail Time in Exposure Case, Wisconsin Public Radio, October 28, 2016
• Priest Gets Jail for Flashing Teen, By Paul Srubas, Green Bay Press-Gazette, October 28, 20
Official Catholic Directory aims to report the whereabouts of Catholic
priests in the United States on January 1 of the Directory's publication
year. Our working assumption is that a priest listed in the Directory
for a given year was at the same assignment for part of the previous year
as well. However, Kenedy and Sons will sometimes accept updates well into
the year of publication. Diocesan clergy records are rarely available to
correct this information. The Directory is also sometimes misleading
or wrong. We have tried to create an accurate assignment record, given the
source materials and their limitations. Assignment records are a work in
progress and we are always improving the records that we post. Please email
us with new information and corrections.
This assignment record collates Thomas' career history as it is represented
in the Official Catholic Directory with the allegations against him, as reported in
the media. We make no representation regarding the truth of the allegations
we report, and we remind our readers that the U.S. legal system presumes
that a person accused of or charged with a crime is innocent until proven
guilty. Similarly, individuals who may be defendants in civil actions are
presumed not to be liable for such claims unless a plaintiff proves otherwise.
Admissions of guilt or liability are not typically a part of civil or private
settlements. For more information, see our posting
This assignment record was last updated on November 3, 2016.