Rev. Robert Ruglovsky
Summary of Case: Accused of molesting at least 7 boys. He stated that he first abused in Ohio and Michigan and then he moved to Minnesota where he abused six other boys. Criminal charges were filed in Minnesota in 1987. Sentence was 15 yrs probaton and 1 yr. jail with participation in sex offender program. One civil suit filed in 1994 in California & 2 other suits filed in Minnesota in 1988. He admitted to molesting numerous boys over a 20 yr period.
|1961||1962||Not indexed in the 1962 Directory.|
Pittsburgh Greek Rite bishop was Nicholas T. Elko (1955-1967).
• Ruglovsky admitted in a 1990 deposition that he molested a 12 year old altar boy at St. Joseph's in 1962. (Plain Dealer [Cleveland, Ohio]
|OH||2/2||St. Joseph's had a school with 150 students.|
• Admitted in a 1990 deposition to sexually abusing two 13 year old boys while at Holy Ghost. (Plain Dealer [Cleveland, Ohio]
|OH||2/2||Holy Ghost had a school with 127 students.|
|1964||1966||Byzantine Catholic Seminary of SS Cyril and Methodius||Pittsburgh||PA|
Stephen J. Kocisko followed Elko as bishop (1967-1991).
• Confessed in a 1990 deposition to convincing the mother of a 12 year old boy to allow the boy to stay with him at the rectory, and that the boy lived with him for two months. Ruglovsky stated that the two slept in the same bed and that he had "sexual contact" with the boy four nights a week. (Plain Dealer [Cleveland, Ohio]
|OH||1/1 Temporary Administrator|
Byzantine Rite Eparchy of Parma was erected in 1969. It's first bishop was Emil Mihalik (1969-1984).
|1971||Christ the King||
• Ruglovsky admitted in 1990 to sexually abusing the paper boy in 1969 or 1970 while at Christ the King. Ruglovsky was transferred out of the parish after he was found to have stolen $100,000 from bingo game proceeds. (Plain Dealer [Cleveland, Ohio]
|1971||1972||St. Stephen's||Euclid||OH||2/2||St. Stephen's had a school with 243 students.|
St. Stephen's had a school with 235-243 students.
Ruglovsky had a "nervous breakdown" requiring hospitalization while at St. Stephen's. He had a history of psychological problems which required hospitalizations and medication. (Plain Dealer [Cleveland, Ohio]
|1977||1981||Protection of the Mother of God (or Our Lady of Protection)||Denver||CO||1/1|
Andrew Pataki replaced Mihalik as Parma bishop (1984- 1995).
|1987||St. John the Baptist||
• Removed from this parish after being accused in 1987 of sexually abusing six boys between the ages of twelve to fourteen, from November 1986 to February 1987. Ruglovsy pleaded guilty . (United Press International,May 8, 1987) He was sentenced to a year in a workhouse, 15 years probation and ordered into a sex-offender treatment program. (Plain Dealer [Cleveland, Ohio]
|1987||1990||Absent on Sick Leave|
|1990||1991||Ruglovsky is not indexed in the 1991 Directory.|
|1991||2008||Absent on Leave
Source: Official Catholic Directory (New York: P.J. Kenedy and Sons, 1963-2007).
Priests in a Parish: We use the following convention to show a priest's place among the clergy of a parish: 1/2 means that he is the first priest listed in the Official Catholic Directory (usually the pastor) and that there is a total of two priests at the parish. The shorthand 3/4 means that the priest is listed third on a four-priest roster. See our sample page from the Directory.
Note: The Official Catholic Directory aims to report the whereabouts of Catholic priests in the United States on January 1 of the Directory's publication year. Our working assumption is that a priest listed in the Directory for a given year was at the same assignment for part of the previous year as well. However, Kenedy and Sons will sometimes accept updates well into the year of publication. Diocesan clergy records are rarely available to correct this information. The Directory is also sometimes misleading or wrong. We have tried to create an accurate assignment record, given the source materials and their limitations. Assignment records are a work in progress and we are always improving the records that we post. Please email us with new information and corrections.
This assignment record collates Ruglovsky's career history as it is represented in the Official Catholic Directory with allegations as reported in the media. We make no representation regarding the truth of the allegation we report, and we remind our readers that the U.S. legal system presumes that a person accused of or charged with a crime is innocent until proven guilty. Similarly, individuals who may be defendants in civil actions are presumed not to be liable for such claims unless a plaintiff proves otherwise. Admissions of guilt or liability are not typically a part of civil or private settlements. For more information, see our posting policy.
This assignment record was last updated on Sept. 22, 2009
money guide of hospital products guide of international market guide of repair roof before winter guide of website income guide of secure your business guide of face makeup tools guide of jewellery arts guide of tv shows guide of best places on earth guide of job plans guide of cheap cars guide of creating products guide of women tools guide of eat less guide of car insurance process guide of sport stuff guide of garden home guide of cheap insurances guide of electronic tech guide of healthy feeding guide of what is next in fashion guide of improve company guide of tactical insurance guide of make money at home guide of development in business guide of dept loan guide of cooking secrets guide of correct companies guide of jobs with more income guide of reviews o general products guide of improving technology guide of ideal job guide of business sectors guide of dept problem guide of unlimited business guide of suitable insurance company guide of money cars guide of how to market guide of heatlhy diet tips guide of decoration tipse guide of security problems