Priests in a Parish: We use the following
convention to show a priest's place among the clergy of a parish: 1/2 means
that he is the first priest listed in the Official Catholic Directory (usually
the pastor) and that there is a total of two priests at the parish. The shorthand
3/4 means that the priest is listed third on a four-priest roster. See our sample
page from the Directory.
Sources: Official Catholic Directory (Kenedy & Sons, 1977-2015).
• Church Faces More Woes, By Kimball Perry, The Cincinnati Post [Cincinnati OH], Downloaded December 5, 2003
• 14 Still Priests Despite Sex Cases, By Lynn Hulsey and Tom Beyerlein, Dayton Daily News, March 12, 2004
• Parish's 3rd Priest Accused of Abuse, By Dan Horn, The Cincinnati Enquirer [Cincinnati OH], Downloaded March 16, 2004
• Status Report on Clerics Credibly Accused of Child Abuse, Archdiocese of Cincinnati, Not Dated, Cached by Google on February 7, 2006
• Victims, Church Still Trying to Pick up Pieces, By Tom Beyerlein, Dayton Daily News [Ohio], April 22, 2007
• Victim's advocate glad to see 3 Tri-State priests defrocked by Vatican, By Tammy Mutasa, WLWT (Cincinnati), October 28, 2014
• Vatican defrocks 3 priests over sexual misconduct, By Dan Horn, Cincinnati.com, October 29, 2014
• Vatican defrocks 3 Archdiocese of Cincinnati priests accused of harming children, By Maxim Alter, WCPO (Cincinnati), October 29, 2014
Official Catholic Directory aims to report the whereabouts of Catholic
priests in the United States on January 1 of the Directory's publication
year. Our working assumption is that a priest listed in the Directory
for a given year was at the same assignment for part of the previous year
as well. However, Kenedy and Sons will sometimes accept updates well into
the year of publication. Diocesan clergy records are rarely available to
correct this information. The Directory is also sometimes misleading
or wrong. We have tried to create an accurate assignment record, given the
source materials and their limitations. Assignment records are a work in
progress and we are always improving the records that we post. Please email
us with new information and corrections.
This assignment record collates Feldhaus' career history as it is represented
in the Official Catholic Directory with the allegations against him, as reported in
the media. We make no representation regarding the truth of the allegations
we report, and we remind our readers that the U.S. legal system presumes
that a person accused of or charged with a crime is innocent until proven
guilty. Similarly, individuals who may be defendants in civil actions are
presumed not to be liable for such claims unless a plaintiff proves otherwise.
Admissions of guilt or liability are not typically a part of civil or private
settlements. For more information, see our posting
This assignment record was last updated on November 4, 2016.