Priests in a Parish: We use the following
convention to show a priest's place among the clergy of a parish: 1/2 means
that he is the first priest listed in the Official Catholic Directory (usually
the pastor) and that there is a total of two priests at the parish. The shorthand
3/4 means that the priest is listed third on a four-priest roster. See our sample
page from the Directory.
Sources: Official Catholic Directory (Kenedy & Sons, 1975-2003).
• Fifth Accused Priest Identified, By Dan Horn, The Cincinnati Enquirer, September 18, 2003
• 10 Area Priests to Be Reviewed, Dayton Daily News, September 18, 2003
• Troy Pastor Resigns, By Tom Beyerlein and Ben Sutherly, Dayton Daily News (Ohio), September 18, 2003
• Archbishop Places Abusive Priests on Leave, By Tom Beyerlein, Dayton Daily News, Downloaded September 23, 2003
• Woman: Priest Molested Me, Too, By Janice Morse, Cincinnati Enquirer, October 3, 2003
• Victim to Women: Come Forward, By Roy Wood, The Cincinnati Post, Downloaded October 3, 2003
• Plea Bargain Likely in Church Sex Abuse Case, By Jim DeBrosse and Tom Beyerlein, Dayton Daily News, November 20. 2003
• 14 Still Priests Despite Sex Cases, By Lynn Hulsey and Tom Beyerlein, Dayton Daily News, March 12, 2004
• Advocacy Group Says Priest Violating Terms of His Suspension, By John Nolan, Associated Press State & Local Wire, February 17, 2005
• Status Report on Clerics Credibly Accused of Child Abuse, Archdiocese of Cincinnati, Not Dated, Cached by Google on February 7, 2006
• Ex-Chaplain Removed from Priesthood, The Cincinnati Post , March 30, 2006
• Priest with Area Ties Ousted, By Tom Beyerlein , Dayton Daily News, March 30, 2006
• Victims, Church Still Trying to Pick up Pieces, By Tom Beyerlein, Dayton Daily News, April 22, 2007
Official Catholic Directory aims to report the whereabouts of Catholic
priests in the United States on January 1 of the Directory's publication
year. Our working assumption is that a priest listed in the Directory
for a given year was at the same assignment for part of the previous year
as well. However, Kenedy and Sons will sometimes accept updates well into
the year of publication. Diocesan clergy records are rarely available to
correct this information. The Directory is also sometimes misleading
or wrong. We have tried to create an accurate assignment record, given the
source materials and their limitations. Assignment records are a work in
progress and we are always improving the records that we post. Please email
us with new information and corrections.
This assignment record collates Brunner's career history as it is represented
in the Official Catholic Directory with the allegations against him, as reported in
the media. We make no representation regarding the truth of the allegations
we report, and we remind our readers that the U.S. legal system presumes
that a person accused of or charged with a crime is innocent until proven
guilty. Similarly, individuals who may be defendants in civil actions are
presumed not to be liable for such claims unless a plaintiff proves otherwise.
Admissions of guilt or liability are not typically a part of civil or private
settlements. For more information, see our posting
This assignment record was last updated on August 28, 2016.